In our bid to meet our daily needs, excel in our professional lives and provide the best life for our loved ones, we sometimes neglect our most important asset which is our health. Increased levels of stress, negligible physical activity and deteriorating environment due to rapid urbanization , health issues have not just escalated, they have increasingly become more complex in nature and expensive to manage in the society today.
It has also become increasingly difficult to predict what medical bills will arise yearly with the instabilities of the economy.
what does a health insurance plan do for you? Many people in their twenties feel they are healthy enough to skip out on health insurance. when you rarely see a doctor, and especially if things are tight financially, it may seems like a good idea to cut the health insurance expenses completely from your budget. Getting health insurance is an extremely helpful part of life if you can set yourself up with a plan that will benefit you and yours for a token. health insurance helps cover the cost of unpredictable, unexpected and fundamentally uncontrollable health problems that comes up in peoples lives and offers many other important benefits. it is meant to protect your financial assets, as well as promote wellness and health.
Reasons why you should not go without one before the end of the year
- You never know when you need it: No one plans to get sick or hurt, but everyone will definitely need medical care at some point. Health insurance coverage helps pay for these costs and protect you from very high medical expenses. It is easy to think that you don’t need health insurance because you are healthy, but unfortunately, accidents happens, by getting a health insurance cover, you are getting security for unexpected medical expenses that may arise.
- Medical emergencies can bankrupt you: Medical emergencies are very expensive. if you have misfortune of undergoing a medical emergency without insurance, it is easy to find yourself with a crippling amount of medical debt, and seemingly no way out of the mess. By subscribing to health insurance policy, you can be rest assured your health will never gets in the way of your finances. You may be healthy now, but the onset of a sudden, serious illness, traumatic event or even normal medical checkups can leave you with staggering medical bills. Health insurance does not just protect your health, it also protects your wallet.
- Preventive care and early intervention: When you don’t have health insurance, you may avoid getting treated for minor issues which can escalate into bigger problems quickly. Preventive medicine and quick treatment are the best ways to avoid expensive hospital stays. Having a health insurance cover guarantees you preventive care and early medical intervention.
- Access to better health care and other benefits: A key feature of health insurance plans is the list of benefits it accrued to it. There is a link between having health insurance and getting better medical healthcare, people with health insurance can get access to a variety of regular health care services that they would otherwise have paid a huge amount for. Health insurance plans provide more value added services than alternative would, at reduced costs.
- Protection from unexpected, high medical costs: having to pay out of pocket every time a hospital need arises can be costly especially when it requires a long hospital stay. buying of health insurance means that you will not have to take on the burden of these risks alone. You need your health to take advantage of the great things you love, it is important that you invest in a health insurance plan, to ensure that no critical health condition impairs your financial independence.